- Passionate about urban education?
- Looking to earn a Master's degree & teaching certification in just one year?
- Want a full year of mentorship, working hands-on in the classroom?
- Willing to change the world one student at a time?
The Cleveland Urban Teacher Residency program (CUTR) is looking to empower talented, mission-driven, motivated individuals with the:
Knowledge to enter any classroom
- In one year, receive a Master's Degree in Education through Ursuline's Master Apprenticeship Program (MAP) and an Ohio teaching license.
- All accepted resident candidates qualify for reduced tuition and Teach Grants.
Experience to impact urban education
- Work hands-on in the classroom, four days a week for one full year of mentorship, at one of Breakthrough's highest performing public charter schools in Cleveland, alongside experienced effective teachers.
Opportunity to change the world
- Breakthrough Schools will be hiring dozens of teachers starting in 2012, and successful graduates will be given priority consideration.
- Be part of the founding faculty within this growing network of urban schools.
Deadline to apply is April 1, 2013.
CUTR is a highly selective and competitive program, an innovative partnership between Breakthrough Schools, an Ohio-based network of high performing, urban, public charter schools, and Ursuline College, offering a holistic education that transforms students for service, leadership and professional excellence.